Dec 17, 2018
BOTK 2970 - Occupational Internship
This course is intended to provide practical work experience for students in the Administrative Assistant Certificate program and the Business AAS program; other majors are welcome when space is available. Students are placed in a local business and work under the direction of a representative of the business.
CMAP 1680 - Microcomputer Applications, CO/M 1030 - Interpersonal Communications and BADM 2015 Business Communication and Writing with a C or better
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of BOTK 2970 Occupational Internship, the student will:
- Identify local businesses as profit or non-profit.
- Recognize a business as a corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship.
- Explore appropriate human relations skills.
- Critique presentations by guest lecturers on a variety of topics (e.g. job interviews, local/regional job market, qualities of successful employees).
- Develop an employment portfolio.
- Experience a job performance evaluation.
- Apply classroom knowledge in a real-life work setting.
General Education Requirement: None
Instructional Method Internship
Contact Hours: 150 hours
[Add to Portfolio]