Sep 24, 2018
CMAP 1680 - Office Productivity Tools
This course is a fundamental computer course intended for all students pursuing careers in business related fields. This course covers hands-on applications using a suite of software to meet the objectives in industry certification. The popular major office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics) are presented with a brief introduction to other software package features. Students work with locally installed applications and applications based in the cloud. This course prepares students for more advanced office application courses.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CMAP 1680 Office Productivity Tools, the student will:
- demonstrate a basic understanding of terminology as it relates to basic computer concepts.
- perform basic computer tasks including file management functions using the operating system or cloud environment.
- draft email using appropriate Netiquette.
- demonstrate an understanding of the academic and social implications of the Internet and other electronic resources in regard to social, ethical, and legal issues.
- identify the purposes of individual software programs in software suite.
- create word processing documents using guidelines for formatting business documents.
- solve business problems by creating appropriately formatted spreadsheets and charts.
- create a presentation to deliver information to an audience.
- integrate software applications.
- demonstrate the effective use of collaborative tools and processes found in cloud environments.
- analyze pros and cons when selecting an office productivity tool.
- recognize document types by their extension.
General Education Requirement: None
Instructional Method Lecture
Contact Hours: 3 hours/week
[Add to Portfolio]