Sep 23, 2017
CSCO 2020 - Cisco: CCNA 2
This course is the second of two courses designed to prepare students for a CCENT certification (Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician) which can lead to other Cisco certifications to include CCNA Routing and Switching and CCNA Security with additional coursework. The course focuses on enhance switching technologies such as VLANS, VLAN trunking (VTP), Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), small switch network configuration and troubleshooting, configure static routing and default routing and configure ACLs for IPv4. This course prepares the student with the skills required for network administration positions to install, operate, and troubleshoot small enterprise branch network, including basic network security.
Successful completion of CSCO 2000 Cisco: CCNA 1
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CSCO 2020 Cisco: CCNA 2, the student will:
- describe converged networks.
- outline a switched network in a small – to medium-sized network.
- explain the process of frame forwarding in a switched network.
- configure a switch and router to support network and management requirements to include security best practice settings.
- troubleshoot basic switch problems.
- explain the purpose of VLANs in a switched network.
- configure VLANs, trunk ports, and inter-VLAN routing to include security best practice settings.
- explain primary functions and features of a router to include how a router builds a routing table.
- explain static routing including advantages and disadvantages.
- implement static routing via various methods.
- explain CIDR and VLSM.
- troubleshoot static and dynamic routing problems.
- explain dynamic routing protocols.
- configure dynamic routing via various methods.
- implement single-area Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing.
- explain how ACLs are used to filter traffic.
- create ACLs to accomplish various filtering goals.
- implement DHCP and NAT on a router.
General Education Requirement: None
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
Contact Hours: 4.5 hours/week
[Add to Portfolio]