Dec 09, 2018
CSCO 2025 - Cisco: CCNA 3
This course is the third of four courses designed to prepare students for a CCNA certification (Cisco Certified Network Technician) which can lead to other associate (CCNA) and professional level (CCNP) Cisco certifications with additional coursework. The course focuses on DHCP and DNS operations, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) operations, VLAN link aggregation, router configuration in complex networks, OSPF and EIGRP routing protocols. This course provides students with the skills required for network administration positions to install, operate, and troubleshoot small- to medium-sized network
Successful completion of CSCO 2020 Cisco: CCNA 2
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CSCO 2025 Cisco: CCNA 3, the student will:
- describe a network design that is scalable.
- describe selection of appropriate switch and router devices to support network requirements.
- discuss issues with implementing a redundant network.
- explain common STP configurations such as HSRP and GLBP.
- explain link aggregation with EtherChannel.
- identify redundant link and aggregation issues.
- outline wireless LAN technology and topologies.
- describe wireless LAN technology security threats and mitigation techniques.
- outline advanced capabilities in a single-area OSPF.
- explain why multiarea OSPF is used.
- configure multiarea OSPF to meet network needs.
- describe the features of EIGRP.
- configure basic and advanced EIGRP for performance.
- identify advanced routing configuration problems.
- manage IOS Images and licensing.
General Education Requirement: None
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
Contact Hours: 4.5 hours/week
[Add to Portfolio]