Nov 24, 2017
CSEC 1500 - Computer Network Security+
This course gives the student foundation-level computer and network security skills and knowledge. The course maps to the TestOut Security Pro and Comp TIA Security+ Certification and covers all core domains including systems security, network infrastructure, access control, assessments and audits, cryptography, and organizational security.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CSEC 1500 Computer Network Security+, the student will:
- differentiate between various system security threats.
- apply industry best practices for identity and access control methods.
- differentiate general cryptography concepts.
- apply basic encryption concepts to appropriate applications.
- develop security policies and incident response processes.
- implement the appropriate network tools and procedures to facilitate network security.
- outline effective physical security risk mitigation practices.
- list network perimeter defense practices.
- detail common network attacks and methods of risk mitigation.
- state operating system hardening procedures to achieve workstation and server security.
- define application development secure coding lifecycle.
- explain applications vulnerabilities and appropriate countermeasures.
- describe data security issues and methods of protection.
- evaluate vulnerability assessments and audits using common industry tools.
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
Contact Hours: 4.5 hours/week
[Add to Portfolio]