Aug 14, 2022
FREN 1010 - First Year French I
This course primarily emphasizes listening and speaking skills, although reading and writing skills are developed. The students begin to develop the ability to understand spoken and written French. The students begin to develop the skills to communicate in basic situations.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of FREN 1010 First Year French I, the student will:
- Interface with people.
- Describe oneself.
- Communicate likes and dislikes.
- Communicate daily routines.
- Develop communication skills needed in restaurants.
- Discover field of study.
- Explain pastimes.
- Validate travel plans.
- Express shopping plans.
- Demonstrate some cultural knowledge in oral and written presentations.
- Imitate the use of culturally appropriate vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and non-verbal behaviors of the target culture.
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
Instructional Method Lecture
Contact Hours: 4 hours/week
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)