Aug 11, 2022
PEPR 2093 - Sports Officiating
This course is intended to provide the necessary foundation of knowledge for officiating a variety of sports.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of PEPR 2093 Principles of Sports Officiating, the student will:
- Develop an officiating philosophy.
- Describe various sports officiating techniques and styles.
- Describe the role of the sports official.
- Discuss the psychological factors related to officiating.
- Discuss the basic need and purpose of rules in competitive sports.
- Demonstrate decision-making skills.
- Practice conflict management techniques.
- Examine legal and business responsibilities related to sports officiating.
- Participate as a sports official in a simulated sport contest.
- Summarize skills, tactics, and strategies utilized in sport.
- Describe sport-specific rules.
- Describe the role of physical fitness in sports officiating.
Instructional Method Combined Lecture/Lab
Contact Hours: 3 hrs/week
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)