Aug 19, 2022
SPAN 2030 - Second Year Spanish I
This course serves as a review and expansion of the basic structures of Spanish commonly taught at the introductory level, while providing ample opportunities for students to build vocabulary, communication, and writing skills.
SPAN 1020 - 1st Year Spanish II or adequate score on CLEP exam or instructor consent.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of SPAN 2030 Second Year Spanish I, the student will:
- Discuss the use of technology and electronic products.
- Handle telephone expressions.
- Manage car problems.
- Cultivate people by welcoming them to a house.
- Describe a house or apartment.
- Prioritize household chores.
- Develop instructions.
- Explain the environment.
- Explore beliefs and opinions about environmental issues.
- Prescribe advice to others.
- Outline directions.
- Identify daily errands and city life.
- Analyze cultural stereotypes encountered in oral and written texts.
- Recognize the reflections of practices, products, and/or perspectives of the target culture in oral and written texts.
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
Instructional Method Lecture
Contact Hours: 4 hours/week
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)