Jan 23, 2019
ADDN 2470 - Practicum in Addictions
This course provides the opportunity for students to gain work experience in the field and to apply knowledge acquired in previous and current course work. This time is scheduled, structured, and supervised by a certified or licensed professional.
ADDN 2010 Addictions Assessment or instructor consent
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of ADDN 2470 , the student will:
- 1. Identify an appropriate field placement based on interests.
- Compare personal roles as an intern and as a professional in the field.
- Record experiences in a journal.
- Describe ethical and legal issues experienced within the field placement.
- Observe supervisors within the field placement.
- Explain steps taken to working with diverse groups.
- Design practice interventions based on experiences.
- Summarize the effects of stress and self-care on human services workers.
- Outline the steps in closing a client case.
Contact Hours: 135 hrs/semester
[Add to Portfolio]