Jun 02, 2020
MUSC 1495 - Baroque Ensemble
This course provides opportunities for the student to study and perform music predating the common practice era in a small-group ensemble. Period instruments, performance practice, and repertoire are explored.
Consent of the instructor via audition or conference
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MUSC 1495 Baroque Ensemble, the student will:
- execute the basic elements common to all woodwind ensemble music, regardless of style or genre.
- incorporate a technical vocabulary associated with performing on a variety of woodwind instruments.
- distinguish between various music styles, genres, musicians and historical periods.
- demonstrate proper performance technique appropriate for his or her instrument.
- respond to non-verbal communication from the director and other performers.
- demonstrate an awareness of musical expression through performance of selected literature.
Instructional Method Lab
Contact Hours: 2 hrs/week
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)