MUSC 2480 - Introduction to Music Industry Studies
This course provides an introductory overview of the commercial music industry. Topics surveyed include careers, recording and publishing deals, royalties, copyright issues, touring, and merchandising.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MUSC 2480 Introduction to Music industry Studies, the student will:
- explain the role and function of key occupational positions within a music management advising team.
- summarize the terms and conditions of recording contracts.
- summarize the terms and conditions of publishing contracts.
- differentiate between the essential strategies of marketing a music artist or group, including branding, touring, and merchandising.
- compare and contrast the business practices and strategies of popular music with those of classical music.
- summarize details pertaining to music for mass media, including film, television, and video games.
Instructional Method Lecture
Contact Hours: 2 hrs/week
[Add to Portfolio]