Jan 29, 2020
MUSC 2290 - Class Piano III
This course is a continuation of the concepts and skills learned in MUSC 1295 Class Piano II. Third of a four-semester sequence, MUSC 2290 Class Piano III continues student development of improvisation, transposition, harmonization, accompaniment, ensemble performance, sight-reading, and technical studies.
Complete MUSC 1295 Class Piano II (previously MUSC 1301)
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MUSC 2290 Class Piano III, the student will:
- recognize standard music notation as a musical performance on a keyboard instrument.
- execute technique (scale patterns, arpeggios, and chord progressions) in all keys.
- transpose written pieces at the keyboard.
- harmonize melodies using stock accompaniment patterns.
- perform as an accompanist and in an ensemble setting.
- improvise melodies using a variety of scales.
- sight-read musical works of appropriate difficulty.
- prepare assigned repertoire so that it is recital-ready.
Instructional Method Lab
Contact Hours: 2 hrs/week
Comments: Course number was MUSC 1302 prior to fall 2016
[Add to Portfolio]