Aug 19, 2022
THEA 1440 - Modern Dance II
This course introduces students to principles and techniques of Modern Dance. Students focus on forms of communication and expression central to the arts. Students learn the role of the fine arts in society and in life through creative and critical activities. Students appreciate and critique the art of dancing.
Successful completion of THEA 1430 or PEAC 1430 Modern Dance I
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of THEA 1440_PEAC 1440 Modern Dance II, the student will:
- Improve specific health-related fitness components.
- Describe elementary principles and techniques used in Modern Dance.
- Perform basic movement patterns, qualities of movement and musical analysis as it relates to Modern Dance.
- Develop muscular coordination, agility and kinesthetic sense at an elementary level of difficulty.
- Describe the significance of Modern Dance as a disciplined art form.
Cross-listed: PEAC 1440 Modern Dance II
General Education Requirement: approved PE activity for Health & Wellness requirement
Instructional Method Lab
Contact Hours: 2 hrs/week
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)