Nov 16, 2018
CMAP 1720 - Advanced Word Processing
This course is designed to help students become proficient in word processing using leading software application packages. Students build advanced document development and management skills needed in various businesses and fields dependent on written material to improve efficiency and professionalism. This course may help students prepare for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert exam 77-726 Word 2016 Expert: Creating Documents for Effective Communication.
Successful completion of CMAP 1680 Office Productivity Tools, or instructor consent based on student’s assurance they have core word processing skills.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CMAP 1720 Advanced Word Processing, the student will:
- apply advanced formatting to include layout and character options.
- develop repeatable document settings for document consistency to include, but not limited to, custom style sets, themes and templates.
- create macros and shortcut keys.
- manage forms, fields and mail merge operations.
- integrate hyperlinks, bookmarks and go to capability.
- develop tables of contents and figures.
- create advanced reference options for endnotes, footnotes and citations.
- prepare documents for review with advanced change tracking and management.
- apply advance ordering and grouping techniques for master document creation and manipulation.
Instructional Method Lecture
Contact Hours: 1.5 hours/week
[Add to Portfolio]