Aug 11, 2022
FSHM 2530 - Purchasing Management
This course has students examine activities from a food service manager’s perspective. Channels of distribution, buying techniques, specification writing, product information and principles needed to perform the activity are covered. Future managers learn how to get the most from money and resources and how to make sound purchasing decisions.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of FSHM 2530 Purchasing Management , the student will:
- Analyze information to determine what is reliable, relevant, important, and useful in order to draw logical conclusions.
- Apply logical methods in distinguishing between facts, inferences, and opinions.
- Explore multiple perspectives while reducing these perspectives to essential arguments.
- Construct supportive viewpoints/arguments with valid evidence.
- Recognize situations that require mathematical solutions.
- Employ appropriate problem solving methods.
- Conduct subject area research using reputable sources.
- Draw conclusions from synthesized knowledge.
- Convey meaning through speaking and writing.
- Communicate through a variety of media and technology.
- Document sources according to the conventions of the medium used.
Instructional Method Lecture
Contact Hours: 3 hours/week
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)