INET 2650 - Content Management Systems
Instructional Method Lecture
INET 2000 Web Programming I and INET 2010 Data Driven Websites, with a C or better
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of INET 2650 Content Management Systems, the student will:
- configure a web server, MySQL server and PHP to host a CMS.
- create user accounts with appropriate permissions and roles.
- Install basic CMS security components.
- create menus, articles and special pages using the CMS administrative tools.
- create customized page layouts.
- integrate new functionality through approved CMS hooks.
- compare webhosting and domain name services for a web site.
- differentiate between GPL, LGPL, and BSD licenses.
- observe copyright laws and restrictions.
Web Development AAS
PO#3 Demonstrate a working knowledge of how to create, modify, query and maintain databases.
PO#5 Use fundamental skills to manage a site hosted on a content management system.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)