AGEC 2430 - Advanced Commodity Trading and Analysis
This course advances knowledge in agricultural commodities markets and their use in risk management. The course furthers the understanding and valuation of agricultural derivatives and their applications in financial risk management and investment. Students learn about the theoretical underpinnings and the practical applications in the real world of derivative securities.
Instructional Method Lecture
AGEC 2230 Introduction to Ag Commodities and Futures Markets with a grade of C or better
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of AGEC 2430 Commodity Trading Analysis, students will:
- Create commodity portfolios
- Evaluate market trends
- Experience trading in real world derivative markets
- Utilize trading software to present data
- Apply economic analysis and critical thinking to evaluate correlations between spot and future prices
- Analyze advanced commodities markets
- Apply alternative risk management tools
Ag Business AS
PO#1 Access agricultural financial information and markets.
PO#6 Analyze sales and marketing techniques in agricultural production.
[Add to Portfolio]