The Administrative Assistant Certificate prepares students for immediate employment in many areas of work. Administrative Assistants are responsible for a variety of administrative duties that allow an organization to run efficiently, which may include coordinating meetings, organizing paper and electronic files, answering phones, assisting customers, and handling aspects of a company’s budget.
- Demonstrate professional business behavior, appearance, and ethics.
- Develop appropriate human relations and interpersonal communication skills in business situations.
- Demonstrate written, verbal, and nonverbal communications skills using rules of grammar.
- Solve business problems using business math and accounting procedures.
- Integrate use of business software programs, electronic communication, and Internet resources.
- Employ routine office sills such as teamwork, records management, reprographics, and customer service.
- Examine basic management principles related to planning, organizing, leading, and controlling.