The Cyber Security AAS Program prepares students for a career in computer network and Internet security. The program prepares students to develop information security strategies, perform risk analysis, install security software, monitor network traffic and develop an emergency response plan. It provides background and hands-on experience in securing MS Windows, Unix/Linux, Cisco, networks, servers, and clients, and the enterprise network. The courses maps to the following available certifications: Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Security Fundamentals, CompTIA Security+, International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC)2 CISSP and Cisco CCNA Security. Students also develop speaking and writing skills, allowing them to more effectively communicate with colleagues and employers.
Cyber Security Program Outcomes
1. Perform a vulnerability assessment on a network
2. Apply cryptography in a computer network
3. Implement computer network security measures
4. Explain current ethical information technology issues
5. Analyze the ways information systems affect an organization