Engineering is a program of applied science where students develop a broad background of analytical skills and task specific application abilities. The purpose of this program is to give the entering student the foundation in mathematics and engineering science necessary for a specific specialization in an engineering field (i.e. chemical, electrical, or mechanical).
Engineering Program Outcomes
• Solve problems using appropriate engineering methods.
• Solve problems in a systematic fashion.
• Incorporate technology appropriately in addressing engineering applications.
• Communicate verbally and in written form to the appropriate level of their audience.
• Design an experimental method to solve a real world problem with adjustments based on results.
Required Course of Study for AS Degree