General Science studies are perfect for the future scientist who is undecided about which discipline to pursue as a major. It provides a flexible program of study and gives the student an opportunity to take courses in more than just one discipline of science.
The overall objective of the General Science program of study is to provide students with the basic knowledge and laboratory skills they will need in upper-level specialty courses in any area of science.
General Science Program Outcomes
• Evaluate alternative scientific explanations using critical thinking.
• Apply the scientific method, to include making and testing hypotheses.
• Make accurate and precise scientific measurements.
• Model physical processes using mathematics.
• Communicate theories, concepts, and data underpinning various fields of science using various modalities (i.e., tabular, graphical, research paper, etc.).
Required Course of Study for AS Degree