The Pre-Professional AS Program is the suggested course of study for individuals who would like to pursue a career in health-care (Physician, Veterinarian, Optometrist, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, etc.) and would like to prepare themselves with a broad scientific background.
The program is designed to provide students with instruction in biological and physical sciences and to prepare students for upper-level courses in the specialty of choice. Professional programs in these areas usually require a Bachelor’s degree prior to entry.
Requirements of institutions where students pursue advanced studies vary greatly; therefore, students should carefully consult the catalog of the institution to which they intend to develop an appropriate program of study. Students should also ask their advisors about the contractual agreements between the State of Wyoming and various universities regarding medical school, veterinary school, and physical therapy programs.
Pre-Professional AS Program Outcomes:
- Apply foundational concepts in science and math to health-science related problems.
- Explain health-science related processes using mathematics and/or other appropriate symbolic notation.
- Investigate health-science related processes using appropriate research skills, including the scientific method.
- Make accurate and precise scientific measurements.
- Communicate scientific and technical knowledge effectively using a variety of modalities.
Required Course of Study for AS Degree