The Mine Management Certificate is designed to address industry needs for developing the knowledge and skills of supervisory staff targeting those skills that relate to regulatory affairs, mine equipment maintenance, and mining economics. This Certificate also provides instruction in technical writing and leadership training. Students who complete this Certificate will earn 21 credits that can be transferred to the Mining Technology AAS degree.
Mine Management Certificate Program Outcomes:
- Evaluate the relationships of mine operations, processes, methods & practices.
- Explain the importance of safety in mining operations.
- Summarize State and Federal regulations governing the surface mining industry.
- Develop effective leadership management and communication skills.
- Assess economic effectiveness of employees, equipment and processes within area of supervisory responsibility.
- Apply fundamental technical skills and knowledge as they apply to mining.
Required Course of Study for Certificate of Completion