The Biology Program is designed to give students a diverse background in the biological sciences. The goal of the program is to provide students with knowledge in the biological sciences, chemistry, mathematics, and general education electives, and students are offered the choice of two Biology tracks:
1) Biochemical & Molecular Biology
2) Wildlife & Conservation Biology
Biology AS Program Outcomes:
- Apply fundamental concepts in the biological sciences.
- Synthesize biological information with relevant ideas, observations and hypotheses.
- Apply the scientific method to research biologically relevant questions.
- Communicate scientific knowledge by using a variety of modalities.
- Demonstrate safe and effective laboratory skills.
- Apply critical thinking to make logical inferences and conclusions within biology.