The Computer Networking Administration AAS Program prepares students for roles in various fields of information technology. Successful completion of this program prepares students for recognized certifications such as the Cisco Certified Network Associate, the CompTIA A+ and the Microsoft MCSA, as well as TestOut Pro. Students also develop speaking and writing skills, allowing them to more effectively communicate with colleagues and employers.
Computer Networking Administration Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate set-up and basic maintenance of network systems including network operating systems, clients, and servers
- Create programming and scripting for use in an enterprise network environment
- Configure network devices such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Implement VLANs and subnetting in a network environment
- Trouble-shoot network problems using networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP, and SSH
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of databases and SQL programming