The Diesel Technology AAS Program uses a hands-on approach to prepare students for a career in the diesel industry. Through courses in engines, electrical, hydraulics, drive trains, electronics, mobile air conditioning, and welding, students develop a safe work attitude and skills required to work on the most advanced diesel powered vehicles.
Diesel Technology AAS Program Outcomes:
- Perform diagnostic procedures used in the construction, mining, agricultural, and trucking industry to effectively troubleshoot and repair diesel powered vehicles.
- Communicate effectively with customers and shop personnel.
- Apply appropriate Diesel workplace skills.
- Perform safe working practices in the work place.
- Apply critical thinking skills for the mechanical field.