The Personal Trainer Education Certificate program is designed to help students develop the skills and abilities necessary to become a certified personal trainer. The curriculum is specifically designed in accordance with guidelines and certification requirements from the following organizations: American Council on Exercise, American College of Sports Medicine, National Council on Strength and Fitness, and National Strength and Conditioning Association. Students learn to evaluate physical fitness levels, demonstrate proper exercise technique, and create personalized exercise programs based on client health, history, and goals. This program provides students with a solid foundation to sit for a national exam offered by any personal training organization fully accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) certification exam and/or begin work towards a baccalaureate program in health and human performance.
Personal Trainer, Certificate Program Outcomes
1. Design individual programs for diverse populations utilizing appropriate principles for safe and effective exercise prescription.
2. Demonstrate effective leadership and communication skills in the fitness setting.
3. Explain the physiological adaptations of exercise and physical activity.
4. Interpret client behavior, health status, and risk stratification data accurately.
5. Perform industry-standard fitness assessments and exercise tests for individuals of all ages and fitness levels.
Research additional employment information by viewing this program’s gainful employment page.