The Industrial Electricity AAS program prepares students to install, test, inspect, troubleshoot, and service electrical equipment vital to the operation of commercial businesses and industry. This equipment includes motors, generators, pumps, lighting systems, and associated electrical controls. This program includes specialized courses where students work with equipment used in industry.
1. Apply electrical safety practices and procedures
2. Utilize a programmable logic controller
3. Interpret electrical drawings and diagrams
4. Demonstrate AC and DC motor drive principles
5. Utilize Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 30 and the National Electrical Code (NEC) for electrical design and installation
6. Perform comprehensive electrical troubleshooting with applicable tools and instruments