The Cyber Security AAS Program prepares students for a career in computer network and Internet security. The program prepares students to develop information security strategies, perform risk analysis, install security software, monitor network traffic and develop an emergency response plan. It provides background and hands-on experience in securing MS Windows, Unix/Linux, Cisco, networks, servers, and clients, and the enterprise network. The courses map to the National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security (NSTISSI) standards as well as to the Security+, Cisco, and Microsoft Server Certifications. Employment opportunities are expected to grow dramatically.
Cyber Security Program Outcomes
1. Perform a vulnerability assessment on a network
2. Apply cryptography in a computer network
3. Implement computer network security measures
4. Explain current ethical information technology issues
5. Analyze the ways information systems affect an organization