The History Program introduces students to the discipline of history. Courses are designed to encourage and enhance critical writing and thinking skills and analytical thinking. The program also focuses on helping students think problems through to logical conclusions, render informed decisions, and become productive citizens in a world of diversity and globalization.
The program prepares students to transfer as juniors to a university in the specialty they choose and includes a foreign language requirement often found in Baccalaureate programs.
History Program Outcomes
• Acquire basic factual historical knowledge.
• Reconstruct accurate historical sequences.
• Analyze basic historical phenomena.
• Evaluate various historical perspectives.
• Critique historical conflicts.
• Discriminate between viewpoints and sources.
Required Course of Study for AA Degree