Northern Wyoming Community College District (NWCCD) is a multi-campus community college serving Sheridan, Campbell, and Johnson Counties. Committed to creating student success and making a difference in the communities it serves, NWCCD serves over 8,000 credit and non-credit students per year.
The Certificate in Music Technology is designed to provide students with relevant theoretical and practical knowledge of the latest advances in Music Technology while fostering the development of musical creativity and professional skills as used throughout the industry. The program is suited for preparing students to become music teachers, performing musicians, composers, sound engineers, and multimedia designers. It is also appropriate for hobbyists interested in using technology to create and record music. Emphasis is placed on exposure to a wide range of techniques and applications, allowing students to acquire versatility and a competitive edge within the field of professional music.
1. Operate music technology-related software and hardware.
2. Apply problem-solving skills to resolve technical or musical challenges.
3. Create and design musical compositions and productions.
4. Assemble a portfolio and other promotional materials for purposes of self-promotion and professional network.
5. Collaborate effectively with others in a creative team environment
Required Course of Study for Certificate of Completion