The Theatre Program is designed to prepare students for transfer to a baccalaureate program and to prepare students for work in the areas of entertainment, education, art direction, design, industry, and commerce.
The No Frills Theater Company of Sheridan College complements this program and provides an opportunity for students to practice their craft.
Since its inception, the No Frills Theater Company of Sheridan College has produced classic theater, contemporary comedies, dramas, and children’s theater. Since 2002, the productions have been entered in the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival/Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship competition. This competition has resulted in allowing outstanding young actors to compete on a regional and national level.
Theatre Program Outcomes
• Create a character in a given scenario.
• Integrate theory and practice through performance.
• Synthesize theatre styles, genres, and major playwrites from different cultures and historical periods.
• Interpret theatre design and production.
• Demonstrate the ability to work with others in the context of a theatre production.
Required Course of Study for AA Degree