BADM 2015 - Business Communication & Writing
This course presents the principles of effective business communication. It prepares students for the real world challenges of communicating in the workplace. Students prepare business letters and reports. Students solve problems through the use of correct and appropriate communication.
General Education Requirement: Advanced Writing
Comments: This course transfers to UW as a Com 2 course.
ENGL 1010 - English I with a grade of “C” or better
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of BADM 2015 Business Communication & Writing, the student will:
- Develop written, oral, and digital messages through a variety of assignments in Business.
- Analyze information appropriately using a variety of sources.
- Employ appropriate organizational strategies in written, oral, and digital messages including developing thesis statements and main ideas.
- Revise assignments with peer and instructor collaboration.
- Observe accepted conventions in delivery and documentation in oral, written, and digital messages.
- Deliver presentations that include nonverbal documentation in oral, written, and digital messages.
- Interact with audience members while engaging opposing viewpoints and demonstrating active listening skills.
- Identify advantages of using deductive and inductive outline in business communication.
- Analyze a wide variety of kinds of writing for content, intended audience and style.
- Organize ideas into college-level writing of a variety of lengths and purposes including at least one assignment requiring research.
- Complete a systematic self, career, and job analysis.
PO# 3 Demonstrate written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills using rules of grammar.
PO#6 Communicate using written, oral, and visual communication skills.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)