CULA 1510 - Sanitation
This course is designed for industry leaders in food safety training. The students will learn the latest developments, procedures, current government standards and emerging issues in Food Service Sanitation. Students will get a head start in understanding Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point, (HACCP), a cutting-edge system that is the hospitality industries system-of-choice.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of (CULA 1510 Sanitation) , the student will:
1. Establish procedures for Critical Control Points (CCP’S).
2. Develop and implement policies and procedures for good personal hygiene practices.
3. Describe the HACCP system.
4. Implement the correct procedures for thawing, preparing, cooking, and holding, displaying, serving, transporting, cooling, and reheating food.
5. Demonstrate correct practices to prevent, reduce, or eliminate contamination.
6. Define food borne illness, outbreak, clean, and sanitary.
7. List most common food borne illness.
8. Perform sanitation self inspections according to Health Department rules and regulations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)