Apr 01, 2023
ENGL 2320 - US Literature II
This course concludes the survey of American Literature begun in ENGL 2310 and covers authors from 1870 to the present.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Humanities
Comments: This course does not meet UW’s Human Culture requirement unless transferred as part of an Associate degree.
English Advanced Writing course with a “C” or better, or instructor consent
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of ENGL 2320 US Literature II, the student will:
- Connect the literature before 1870 to the literature after 1870.
- Define realism, naturalism, modernism and post-modernism.
- Identify the major authors of each period.
- Articulate the influences of world events on the literature of the time.
- Sketch the major literary upheavals that occurred in the twentieth century.
- Explain the differences between the poetry and prose fiction of the period.
- Interpret the complex meanings in the literature of the period.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)