MKT 1000 - Sales
This course will guide students to explore and analyze successful sales and sales management behaviors. Students will develop competency in professional selling approaches, conversations and presentations, and sales management techniques. Course topics include creating value in the buyer-seller relationships, prospecting, sales call planning, communicating the message, negotiating for win-win solutions, closing the sale, as well as how to motivate, compensate, and train sales people.
Instructional Method Lecture
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MKT 1000 Sales, the student will:
1) Analyze the personal selling process, the dynamic nature of strategic sales management and the resultant effects on an organization and its customers.
2) Apply the basic framework of different sales organization types, as well as diverse staffing and sales training strategies.
3) Identify the role of leadership in motivating a sales force.
4) Analyze the pros and cons of various sales compensation and expense systems.
5) Outline the fundamental role of sales planning including forecasting, budgeting and sales territory management.
6) Describe how to evaluate individual and organization sales performance including the analysis of sales volume, cost and profitability.
7) Apply negotiation skills.
8) Apply marketing principles in a business environment
9) Evaluate the ethical, legal, and regulatory parameters for business enterprises.
10) Compare the different styles of sales practices.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)