Mar 23, 2023
SPAN 1010 - First Year Spanish I
This course primarily emphasizes listening and speaking skills, although reading and writing skills are developed. The students begin to develop the ability to understand spoken and written Spanish. The students begin to develop the skills to communicate in basic situations.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of SPAN 1010 First Year Spanish I, the student will:
- Interface with people.
- Describe oneself and others.
- Communicate likes, dislikes, and personal information.
- Communicate daily routines.
- Develop communication skills needed in restaurants.
- Discover field of study and academic subjects.
- Explain pastimes.
- Validate travel plans.
- Express shopping plans.
- Demonstrate some cultural knowledge in oral and written presentations.
- Imitate the use of culturally appropriate vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and non-verbal behaviors of the target culture.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)