SPAN 2040 - Second Year Spanish II
This course serves as a comprehensive review and systematic expansion of the basic structures of Spanish commonly taught at the introductory level, while providing ample opportunities for students to build vocabulary, communication, and writing skills.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Foreign Language
SPAN 2030 - 2nd Year Spanish I or adequate score on CLEP exam or instructor consent
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of SPAN 2040 Second Year Spanish II, the student will:
- Explain health, well-being, and nutrition.
- Prescribe physical activities.
- Determine future plans.
- Explore work options.
- Perform a job interview.
- Express agreement and disagreement.
- Examine the arts.
- Determine likes and dislikes.
- Express hesitation.
- Summarize current events.
- Evaluate the media.
- Assess experiences, such as travel.
- Analyze cultural stereotypes encountered in oral and written texts.
- Recognize the reflections of practices, products, and/or perspectives of the target culture in oral and written texts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)