ADDN 2010 - Addictions Assessment
This course is intended as an introduction to assessment so that students have a basic understanding of assessment elements and objectives. It provides specific guidance on identifying indications of substance abuse, how to broach the subject with a client, and what screening and assessment instruments to use.
Completion of or concurrent enrollment in ADDN 1020 Addiction Behaviors or instructor consent
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of ADDN 2010 Addictions Assessment, the student will:
- Identify treatments and assessments for addiction.
- Analyze the instruments used for addictions assessment.
- Explain the referral process.
- Categorize the risk factors for alcohol and other drug abuse.
- Discuss confidentiality and record-keeping.
Design interventions for clients in the early stages of problem development.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)