ART 2320 - Mixed Media
This course explores the use of a variety of materials to create sculptural form. Students have an opportunity to discover and appreciate how material, process, and concept cooperate to form the basis of three-dimensional art. Students learn to use material as content and expression.
Instructional Method Lecture/Studio
General Education Requirement: Visual & Performing Arts
Comments: This course does not meet UW’s Human Culture requirement unless transferred as part of an Associate degree.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of ART 2320 Mixed Media, the student will:
1. Define and comprehend the principals of design.
2. Apply those principals to create visual organization.
3. Analyze, critique and modify designs.
4. Explore the methods of Mixed Media construction.
5. Construct pieces based on the assigned criteria.
6. Experiment with materials and processes to accommodate the assigned criteria.
7. Utilize all materials in a safe and effective manner.
8. Take part in all aspects of running a metals facility.
9. Explore and comprehend the social, political, and cultural context within the sculptural field.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)