Mar 24, 2023
MCHT 2000 - Reverse Engineering
This course will introduce the learner to Reverse Engineering Methodology. Students will learn how to properly disassembly products and identify the working mechanism between their sub systems and understand the functionality. Utilize CAD skills to recreate a 3D CAD model. Use of automated manufacturing or additive manufacturing equipment to reproduce prototypes. Utilize CMM equipment to inspect prototype for quality assurance.
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
MCHT 2520 Solidworks, MCHT 2820 Manufacturing Methods, and MCHT 2900 Computer Aided Machining II or instructor consent
MCHT 2525 Solidworks II and MCHT 2300 Manufacturing Quality
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of Reverse Engineering (MCHT 2000), the student will:
- Interpret information from a blue print.
- Utilize basic precision measuring equipment to take accurate measurements.
- Disassembly product safely for examination of functionality.
- Utilize CMM technology to take manual data points by probing.
- Design 3D CAD representation of part.
- Utilize design knowledge to improve part quality and manufacturability.
- Program and operated automated manufacturing equipment to produce prototype.
- Inspect and measure finished prototype for quality assurance.
- Evaluate the cost and performance value of producing parts.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)