Mar 26, 2023
MCHT 2100 - Automated Manufacturing
This course will include a variety of advanced manufacturing processes. Utilizing a variety of advanced manufacturing software and equipment to produce parts and prototypes for large-scale production. Automation will require the use of basic electrical and robotic controls to manipulate and maneuver equipment. Student’s will gain a basic understand of programming and setting up automated manufacturing equipment.
Instructional Method Lecture/lab
MCHT 2820 Manufacturing Methods and MCHT 2900 Computer Aided Machining II
MCHT 2525 Solidworks II and MCHT 2300 Manufacturing Quality
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of MCHT 2100 Automated Manufacturing, the student will:
- Interpret dimensions & tolerances from blue print.
- Design 3D CAD model of production part.
- Practice traits that are pertinent to job performance.
- Utilize CAD to assist in the creation, modification and analysis of design.
- Write programs utilizing fanuc code to produce program.
- Conduct research to develop machining techniques needed to economically manufacture a product.
- Design jigs and fixtures commonly used in production work.
- Operate automated manufacturing equipment safely.
- Create a process for large scale production on automated manufacturing equipment.
- Evaluate manufacturing project in a report.
- Select proper cutting tools needed to manufacture product
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)