ART 2020 - Art History Survey II
This course is the second semester of a one-year survey which studies renaissance, baroque, rococo, 18th century, 19th century and modern art with special reference to various social, economic, and historical factors which motivated and conditioned the aesthetic forms.
Instructional Method Lecture
General Education Requirement: Visual and Performing Arts
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of ART 2020 Art History Survey II, the student will:
- Analyze works of art and architecture as aesthetic objects.
- Discuss works of art and architecture as aesthetic objects.
- Analyze works of art and architecture (examples of visual culture) as the products of a particular historical and cultural period.
- Discuss works of art and architecture as the products of a particular historical and cultural period.
- Define the terminology (including key concepts and personalities) relevant to each section of the course, citing examples when appropriate.
- Identify the key works by period and date of period.
- Discuss the key works in terms of cultural context.
- Discuss the changing role of art patronage.
- Discuss the changing role of the artist in society.
PO#5 Articulation: Use art and design related vocabulary that is both relevant and appropriate in discussing visual artwork.
PO#6 Historical: Discuss different historical and cultural influences in art and design.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)