CNTK 1560 - Construction Safety and Safe Use of Tools
This course provides students with an understanding of safety and planning preventative measures. The course emphasizes the importance of managing safety, safe tool use, and productivity with equal emphasis, and is designed to provide safety training for students who will be operating construction tools and equipment.
Instructional Method Lecture
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CNTK 1560 Construction Safety and the Safe Use of Tools, the student will:
- Practice and implement safe work practices.
- Demonstrate construction math skills.
- Identify and safely use common hand tools.
- Identify and safely use common power tools.
- Identify and read basic blueprints and design a safety plan.
- Demonstrate the basic rigging and safety associated with rigging.
- Practice communication skills as they relate to safety.
- Relate safety procedures to basic employability skills.
PO#1 Integrate information from residential and commercial blueprints to solve building problems.
PO#2 Apply communication skills in an industry setting.
PO#3 Operate construction tools and equipment.
PO#5 Perform construction mathematics applications.
PO#6 Employ construction safety skills.
Add to Portfolio