CNTK 1705 - Carpentry Lab
This course runs concurrently with all the major courses in Construction Technology to allow time for students to develop the construction skills necessary to become proficient in the field of construction and to complete the jobs/tasks implemented within the major courses in Construction Technology.
Credits: 3 to 8
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
Successful completion of, or concurrent enrollment in CNTK 1560 Construction Safety and Use of Tools OR NCCER Core Curriculum Certification, OR instructor consent
Enrollment in construction technology course sequence
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CNTK 1705 Carpentry Lab, the student will:
- Practice and implement safe work practices.
- Demonstrate construction math skills.
- Identify wood building materials, fasteners, and adhesives.
- Identify and safely use common hand and power tools.
- Build floor systems.
- Build wall and ceiling framing.
- Perform roof framing techniques.
- Install windows and doors properly.
PO#1 Integrate information from residential and commercial blueprints to solve building problems
PO#2 Apply communications skills in an industry setting
PO#3 Operate construction tools and equipment
PO#4 Perform wood cutting and milling operations
PO#5 Perform construction mathematics applications
PO#6 Employ construction safety skills
[Add to Portfolio]