CNTK 2510 - Construction Estimating
his course is an introduction to the detailed and challenging profession of construction estimating. Students will learn how the wide range of construction materials, construction methods, and how business practices impact the overall cost of a construction project.
Instructional Method Lecture
Successful completion of, or concurrent enrollment in, CNTK 1560 Construction Safety and Safe Use of Tools, OR NCCER Core Curriculum certification, OR instructor consent
Enrollment in Construction Technology course sequence
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completing CNTK 2510 Construction Estimating, the student will:
- Identify types of cost estimates.
- Describe mathematic principles in estimating.
- Estimate Carpentry work.
- Describe sub trades scope of work.
- Identify pricing general expenses.
- Create a competitive bid for a project.
- Identify business practices that impact the overall cost of a construction project.
- Complete a material take-off for a given plan.
PO#2 Apply communications skills in an industry setting
PO#5 Perform construction mathematics applications
[Add to Portfolio]