Aug 21, 2018
CSEC 1500 - Computer Network Security+
This course gives the student foundation-level computer and network security skills and knowledge. The course maps to the TestOut Security Pro and Comp TIA Security+ Certification and covers all core domains including systems security, network infrastructure, access control, assessments and audits, cryptography, and organizational security.
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of CSEC 1500 Computer Network Security+, the student will:
- differentiate between various system security threats.
- apply industry best practices for identity and access control methods.
- differentiate general cryptography concepts.
- apply basic encryption concepts to appropriate applications.
- develop security policies and incident response processes.
- implement the appropriate network tools and procedures to facilitate network security.
- outline effective physical security risk mitigation practices.
- list network perimeter defense practices.
- detail common network attacks and methods of risk mitigation.
- state operating system hardening procedures to achieve workstation and server security.
- define application development secure coding lifecycle.
- explain applications vulnerabilities and appropriate countermeasures.
- describe data security issues and methods of protection.
- evaluate vulnerability assessments and audits using common industry tools.
[Add to Portfolio]