DHYG 2200 - Pharmacology
This course familiarizes students with the sources, actions, uses, dosages and toxic effects of drugs. It covers drugs commonly used in dentistry and drugs commonly taken by patients that affect dental and dental hygiene therapy.
Instructional Method Lecture
Admission to the Dental Hygiene program required.
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of DHYG 2200 Pharmacology, the student will:
- Apply vocabulary and terminology associated with pharmacology to read and interpret new information.
- Utilize appropriate reference material.
- Describe the indications, pharmacokinetics, pharmacological effects, adverse reactions, drug interactions, and dosages associated with the various drug groups.
- Discuss the drugs/ drug categories used in dentistry and the side effects.
- Discuss possible oral complications associated with drug therapy and systemic disease.
[Add to Portfolio]