HLTK 1780 - Supplemental Modalities
This course exposes students to various supplemental therapies available in the field of massage therapy, and covers the fundamentals of these modalities. It is also designed to appeal to professional massage therapists in the community who may need to maintain their certification status. Examples of current modalities are T’ai Chi, aromatherapy, reflexology, canine massage, and infant/pregnancy massage. Enrollment priority is given to students in the certificate program.
Instructional Method Lecture/Lab
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of HLTK 1780 Supplemental Modalities, the student will:
- Identify a modality utilized by/for the massage therapist.
- Examine how the modality affects the mind and body.
- Analyze its use and popularity in our culture and other cultures.
- Discuss any pertinent facts and findings related to Meditation, Aromatherapy, Yoga, Tai chi, Qigong, Mindfulness, and other different modalities.
- Implement skills learned through the modality.
- Explore the effects on body systems of therapeutic modalities researched, learned, and practiced.
PO#2 Integrate protocols of a given modality as needed during treatment.
[Add to Portfolio]