HLTK 1970 - Massage Therapy Clinical
This practicum provides exposure and experience in applying Massage Therapy (MT) principles, protocols and techniques in a professional MT setting.
Instructional Method Lab
HLTK 1720 Massage Therapy Techniques I, HLTK 1730 Communication, Ethics & Business Application, and HLTK 1740 Ergonomics
HLTK 1750 Massage Therapy Techniques II
Minimum Student Competencies
Upon completion of HLTK 1970 Massage Therapy Clinical, the student will:
- Students will be required to maintain a journal of activities during clinical portion of the program.
- Students will be required to log and document a minimum of 6.5 hours per week in client service.
- Students will be expected to see a minimum of three (3) clients per week, during the clinical Experience.
- Students will need to see at least one new client per week in the clinical setting.
- With the supervising therapist, students will assess sessions and document areas of strength and areas of concern
PO#2 Integrate protocols of a given modality as needed during treatment
PO#3 Demonstrate effective use of techniques of a modality in the clinical setting
[Add to Portfolio]